RE-ELECTION TO MY 4th TERM WILL BE NOVEMBER 5th, 2024
I am Susan Rodriguez-McDowell and I am excited to be your Mecklenburg County Commissioner for District 6! It takes people like you and me to become engaged in the governmental process. If you live in District 6, I ask you to become engaged and reach out to me with your concerns and notify me of events that I can attend to get to know your needs better.
Since I was elected in 2018 I have worked diligently to represent you and make real progress for all:
- Laser focused on keeping our community AFFORDABLE.
- Brought high paying JOBS with GOOD BENEFITS to our county.
- Established UNIVERSAL PRE-K, boosting learning readiness.
- Protecting our AIR and WATER QUALITY with a robust Environmental Action Plan.
- Strongly advocated to fully fund our STUDENTS and EDUCATORS.
- Added hundreds of new acres for PARKS and GREENWAYS.
- Measures to REDUCE CRIME and increase VIOLENCE PREVENTION.
- Passed landmark NON-DISCRIMINATION ORDINANCE.
I am Susan Rodriguez-McDowell, a leader who follows science, values life and believes in a WOMAN'S RIGHT TO DECIDE. With you by my side OUR voices will be heard and District 6 will be represented by its strong and diverse people.